My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

Owning New England

This last Sunday, in a rematch of the 2003 SuperBowl, the Carolina Panthers pretty much owned the New England Patriots, and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!! That SuperBowl loss (32-29), which came in the final 7 seconds via a field goal, was one of the hardest thing I've ever had to watch in sports. I love my Panthers, and to see them lose when they were that close, after the amazing season they had, and the incredible playoff run to get to the SB, was just plain hard. So Sunday was a particularly good day for me, made even more so by the fact that hat after dropping our opener to New Orleans in week 1, no one was really giving us a chance in hell to win. But, in typical underdog fashion, we came out and played a tough, physical football game and the Pats just weren't ready for it.

I don't have anything particularly profound to say about the game or anything. I just wanted to post something about how happy I was...because I feel like I've been really serious and somber in my last like four or five posts, and that's not what this blog is about. At least not ALL the time. So there you have it! The Panthers freakin' RULE and I loved watching them run Tom "Pretty Boy" Brady all over the freakin' field. What I will say about watching a game like this, is that it's about 200% better to watch it w/ OTHER real fans, then it is to watch it by ones self, or w/ people who don't REALLY care. I have about seven or eight really good friends that I watch Panther's games w/ on Sunday, and I wouldn't trade those 3+ hours for anything....except maybe tickets to the real thing! :-) Sure we jump around, and shout, yell, high five, bitch at the reffs, arm chair QB, drink our beer and generally act like idiots, but it's the MOST fun you can have on a Sunday! (legally!) Very much looking forward to this Sunday when we play Miami! GO CATS!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home